Red Bordered cards all automatically play when you select them.
This also called auto-fire. There is no chance to opt out of their effects once you select the card. There are times when this can be extremely inconvenient.
- A fair amount of the dream cards… Possibly advance the particular dream sequence, possibly increase Nightmares
- An anonymous tip-off. It's not signed. But the information inside might save you a lot of trouble… 1 x Hastily Scrawled Warning
- An evening's drinking with some shady types. Chancy, but no-one's picked your pocket… 1 x Surprise Attack
- Tea with a Dauntless Temperance Campaigner This formidable woman is as widely admired for her generosity and the extraordinary loudness of her voice, but also her intellect… 3 x A Sudden Insight
- Further, most, if not all, cards auto-fire when you are in exile in the Tomb Colonies (Scandal), dead (Wounds), insane (Nightmares), imprisioned (Suspicion) or the Chambers of the Heart (part of the Nemesis Ambition).
Exotica: Something rare has been abandoned here
Something is tittering in the darkness of an alley…
Exotica: Something luminous has been abandoned here…
Something green as poisoned grasses shimmers in the gutter…a Nephrite Lens! This is one of the exotica! - the prizes awarded by the Bazaar to spice up the Game of Knife-and-Candle. During close season, you may play with your Lens by clicking on it in your inventory. How prettily it glows.